Wednesday 10 February 2016

Dreams & Reality

One thing I have been pondering a lot lately, is dreams and the impact on our daily lives.

I find myself having wonderful dreams, such as being fully independent and living with my fiancé. Then I wake up  and the dreams feel real, just for a few moments before reality sinks in. I am upset for hours that the dreams aren't real, even to the point of being upset with someone else - someone who can impact on whether the dreams are real or not.

Then there are the bad dreams that feel so real I wake up thinking they are & going for days worrying about the possibility of them happening. Just the other night I had a dream that my fiancé, who works at a machine parts & repair place with just one location, transferred overseas and didn't tell me. I didn't hear from him, no replies to my messages or anything, for days and then he posted from his new location on Facebook. I woke up terrified and miserable and worried my fiancé with it.

This makes me wonder about the links between our dreams and our real-life moods & responses to other people. I will do some research and hopefully write a full story or article on the subject one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment