Sunday 6 March 2016

It's Just Like Riding A Bike

It’s Just Like Riding A Bike
By Jacqui
You know how people say ‘it’s just like riding a bike’ to comfort you when you are unsure about returning to something? Because bike riding is so easy, you can just get back on a bike and it will all coming flooding back to you and you will be fine? You know what I’d like to say to those people?

SCREW YOU!

For me, ‘it’s just like riding a bike’ means ‘it’s just like struggling to get on, riding smoothly for ten seconds, starting to fall & trying to step out of it and ending up falling anyway then crying your eyes out’.

I tried out bike riding again yesterday after about 10 years or so, and all of the above was the result. In front of my Dad, in a public park. Luckily no one else was nearby!

So forgive me for not agreeing positively with that saying. Because I feel it’s bullshit.


Why not say instead ‘it’s just like returning home after a long trip and sleeping in your own bed again’, or the short version ‘it’s just like going back to your own bed’? Makes so much more sense, although not as catchy…yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment