Saturday 14 May 2016

Failing at study, failing at life

I want to slap myself, tear my hair out and slam my head into the wall.

I'm not studying much at all and, when I do study, I don't absorb much.

My uni is not going well, I just failed the accounting mid-semester exam (which had the issues like not having the exam paper ready) plus the business tax law assignment and the mid-semester exam, both of which I thought I did well in. To do what I planned and go onto Masters after my Graduate Diploma (then only need to do four courses to complete the Masters), I would need to have a GPA of 4.5 or above, not just a pass of 4.0. And I am failing, not passing.

Then, on top of that, last time I was at uni I had a progression warning and was informed I could take no more than 2 courses. If I didn't pass I would then be required to 'show cause'. Right now I am seriously considering finding out what the academic consequences would be of pulling out of this semester now and trying again next semester. I know the full cost will be added to my loan, but I am more concerned with my overall academic standing right now.

My tax course that I was so sure would lead to employment? Turns out a couple of people have already been contacted about interviews. I was not one of them. The instructor said not to worry, usually interviews are held just after the final exam, that the ones already contacted are fairly early. That they will be contacting people up until mid-June. But I am very worried. Plus, you need to get 80% or more overall, and both assessments we have already done I got below that on. I'm screwed.

Now I have to do another, 15 hours a week course (cert II minimum) on top of my uni degree just to be kept on at the employment services place without having to go in three times a week. This is the place that I have to wait nearly an hour every time I have an appointment with a case manager, and I have had four case managers since I started going there, just over a year ago. I need their help though, both to find a job and for the support once I get a job. Plus they will pay for the course, and it could help my job prospects.

My anxiety is building up and catching in my throat, I am so scared.


No comments:

Post a Comment