Friday 20 May 2016

When a day goes from bad to worse

As if it wasn't bad enough being stuck home sick, my Siamese Fighting Fish, Fili, died today - exactly four months after I got him.

I am heartbroken, especially so since I knew the water needed changing the past couple of days but haven't been up to changing it with how sick I've been. ETA: It was just food that he didn't like floating on the top and then sinking down, the other food he ate quite readily! I would scoop out some of the stuff every day or two with the net, but he still died. I hope it wasn't because of this, but right now I am in tears, hating myself.

He was a wonderful fish, I loved watching him just swim around. Not to mention how excited and active he would become when he knew it was almost feeding time!

I only had him for a short time, but his death tears at my heart, I feel lost.

Yes I will get a new fish sometime, my last fighter before Fili lived over a year after he got him (their estimated lifespan) but he will not replace Fili in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment