Wednesday 30 March 2016

How to catch up

I am thankful for the midsemester break I have at the moment, but I am struggling to catch up before more work is added to the pile when classes start again in the coming week.

Each week I didn't get everything done, some weeks I got very little done, so every week more and more added up to the huge pile of crap that is sitting on my head right now.

I am trying, and plodding along, but I am scrambling to climb up the mountain of stuff that is like a sand dune - it keeps sliding and I keep slipping.

I know all I can do is keep going, and eventually I will reach the top. It just seems so impossible right now, like the mountain will fall and crush me before I even get close to the summit.

I want to, and NEED to do well to succeed in my university studies and gain a Masters, and to gain employment with the taxation firm after my course is done.

I need to do well to prove to everyone who doubted me, especially myself, that I can do it and will do it. That I will not be a failure, a leech, depending on my parents and fiancé for financial support for the rest of my life.

Today (31st March) is the Census date - the last date I can drop courses at university without it causing any academic or financial penalty. I can't drop the accounting subject because I have a friend in the class who I will be meeting to study with each week before class. I can't drop the Business Taxation law subject because it is easier and I am much closer to being on top of it.

Not to mention I don't want to drop any of it and admit defeat, that I cut back my volunteering and am not job searching at all for nothing. That I failed.

I am overwhelmed but I can't let it completely overwhelm and drown me. I need to get through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment