Friday 25 March 2016

I need a change, I need to change

I had an almost epiphany/'Come to Jesus' type moment last night.
As I was tossing and turning worrying about my girls being shut out from us, as our rooms here in the Boonies are all carpet and my sister has gone home, I started thinking about all the issues I am having right now and our plans to move out and get married in the future.

I have friends, family and acquaintances who all were definitely moved out by my age, many of whom also married and had kids by then too. I see the posts on Facebook of everyone moving on in their lives and growing as functioning adults, I am in a self-imposed (for a large part) rut.

More importantly than that though, this isn't what I saw for myself at this age. I planned on being moved out and then married before 25 or at 25, we got engaged thinking we would marry last year, fully taking into account tertiary studies. That didn't take into account my mental health as that was before I finally spoke up about the issues and got diagnosed.

But even taking into account those issues, I wanted to be living with Ethan by now and with a wedding date in sight! Looking at my goals list for this year, they are all still possible, but very daunting.

I am 26 in just over 6 months, it's time to get my butt into gear and achieve something rather than staying with my parents and never getting married!

That's the only real thing I am proud of with not getting married for so long, is that we will move out together before getting married. We aren't going to just stay living with parents and depend on them and yet get married, when we should (and are perfectly capable of) live together on our own away from our parents and support ourselves.

Apart from that though, we need to sort this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment